Chinmaya Vidyalaya, Kunnumpuram started functioning in a rented building with about 200 students and 6 staff members in the year 1980. Under the able guidance of Smt. Indira Kurup the first principal, this institution grew both numerically and academically. Now we have in role 1263 students, 63 Teaching staff and 13 Non-teaching Staff. The C.E.C&C Trust purchased 60 cents of land which is inclusive of the school building in the year 1983. The school presented its first batch of ICSE students for the public examination in March 1991. The school got provisional affiliation to the council for the Indian school certification examinations. New Delhi on 9-10-1989 and permanent affiliation on 13-6-2000.
The council granted permission to start ISC(Std.XII) with science stream in 1997.The Academic performance has been excellent since then.
Read More »